Below are some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from some of our customers. We've broken them up into different groups to help you find the right answer to your question.
If you have other questions, you can send them to email@example.com, call us at 1-800-924-6695 (1-800-WAGON-95) or send us a message using our Chat Box below!
- SHOWWhy don't you offer free shipping on everything like some other sites?
- One simple reason. We believe in being transparent with our pricing.
With other stores the cost of shipping is buried in the cost of their products. So you overpay for products to get the 'free' shipping. Other sites often have complicated shipping policies which you may not always qualify for. Why?
When it comes to our shipping costs, "You Pay What We Pay". Our shipping costs are not inflated in any way. The prices you see for shipping are our fully discounted rates.
- SHOWWhere are you located?
- Everywhere! We're online 24/7/365.
For now, Jack Wagon Coffee Co. does not operate with a physical store front location. We have a small business office located in Toronto, Ontario and roasting operations located in Windsor, Ontario.
- SHOWHow can I give Jack Wagon Coffee Co. feedback about my experience
- If you have feedback about your coffee purchase or online experience here at Jack Wagon Coffee Co., please contact us.
We want to know!
Call us at 1-800-924-6695 (1-800-WAGON-95) or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We recognize that each person's flavour palette and taste preferences are unique. Unfortunately we cannot accept returns or replace any coffees that don't suit your own personal tastes. However, we do encourage you to leave a product review on the product page to help others in their buying decisions. If the product that you've received clearly has some other faults beyond your personal taste expectations, rest assured that we will do everything we can to make it right.
- SHOWI'm concerned about privacy. How will Jack Wagon use my information?
- It's simple really...and not at all creepy!
With each order you place will generate a series of emails to confirm your order and provide you with important information about your products and their delivery to you. We will provide you with tracking information and reach out to you if we anticipate any delays with your order or if we are unexpectedly out of stock of a particular item (it can happen occasionally depending on the bean and season).
We will also periodically send out emails letting you know about all the great things that you're doing to help others with the Jack Gives Back program.
Lastly, we do also track your visits to our site. This information is collected so that we can improve our site and bring you a better shopping experience. We want our products and experience to be the best it can be for you. And by understanding how you use our site and what products you seem to like more than others can help all of our customers, including you!
See! Told ya it wasn't creepy!
- SHOWHow 'fresh' is your coffee exactly?
- Our coffee is roasted just for you, after we receive your order. Why? Because freshness is important to getting the best flavour from the coffee.
Why buy stale coffee from a shelf? Buy coffee roasted just for you, after you order!
- SHOWHow long will coffees remain fresh once I receive them?
- For whole beans, peak flavor of your coffee should be used within 10 days after roasting. Beyond 10 days, coffee is still good, its just not quite as flavorful as fresher roasted beans.
- SHOWDo you have storage recommendations to keep my coffee fresh?
- We sure do! We suggest storing your coffee in an airtight container and keeping it in a dry cupboard to help prolong it's freshness.
Some other coffee companies might suggest storing your coffee in the freezer. We don't advise that.
There are a few reasons. To properly freeze coffee you need airtight storage. It sounds simple enough, but it's easy to screw up and spoil a whole lotta beans. Secondly, humidity and temperature changes cause condensation. So properly thawing the coffee is as important (or more so) as freezing it. Moisture is the mortal enemy of coffee beans. If the coffee is allowed to thaw in a way that introduces condensation to the coffee, the excess moisture can spoil the taste.
so our thoughts are, why risk it? Skip the freezing and just store in an airtight container in a dry cupboard instead.
- SHOWHow do I work out how much coffee I need to buy?
- Knowing how much coffee you need depends on the brewing method you use and how much coffee you drink.
A good idea is to assess how much coffee you drink per day and order no more than 10 days worth so the coffee stays fresh. Our philosophy is "order less but often". That way you always have coffee at the peak of freshness.
For filter and plunger brew methods you can estimate how much coffee you'll need using the following coffee-to-water ratio: 15g to 250ml
For espresso machines, start with a baseline of 15-20grams per double shot and adjust this number according to your specific machine and taste.
- SHOWWhole beans or pre-ground coffee?
- We believe that grinding your own coffee can produce an infinitely better coffee experience provided you invest in a quality coffee grinder.
That being said, we understand that it can be easier to order your coffee pre-ground. And we are happy to do that for you!
By selecting your brewing method when you order we can tailor your grind for you and provide you with the best grind for your needs.
If you're having trouble with the grind of your coffee, please get in touch and we'll help you out!
- SHOWAre your coffee prices competitive with other companies?
- No. We kick their asses! ;) In all seriousness, we invite you to compare our prices to other companies.
Our prices for a 16 oz (1 lb / 454g) bag are often comparable or LOWER than our competitors 12 oz (3/4 lbs / 340g) bag!
Our prices look even better when you consider that we also offer the Thirsty for Jack Rewards program, and give back to great causes through the Jack Gives Back monthly contributions!
- SHOWWhat's the difference between Espresso Coffees and coffees with Espresso roasts?
- Great question! Technically there's no such thing as an 'Espresso bean', it's just coffee that's roasted and ground specifically for use in Espressos.
Our Espresso roasts are a very dark roast. Some coffee varieties work better at this roast level than others. Our Espresso Coffees roast at this level well without a strong 'burnt' taste that other coffees might have.
Some of our Espressos are also a blend of Arabica beans and a small amount of Robusta. Blending Robusta beans with the Arabica supports a more rich crema that you might expect with Italian style Espressos.
- SHOWHow much syrup do I use?
- For flavoured coffees a single 1 oz (30ml / 2 Tbl) shot is all that's needed.
The Monin and Torani pumps, are great for this! They provide a premeasureed 1 oz shot with each press!
- SHOWHow long are Monin syrups good for?
Shelf life after opening varies depending on storage conditions and whether a pump is used. Store Monin products at normal room temperature - between 18-27°C (65-80°F). Avoid high humidity, direct heat and sunlight as much as possible. If using pumps, use the pump capper or cover pumps with foil overnight to prevent mold from entering through pump opening.
When stored in a dry, clean location at a temperature of 18-27°C (65-80°F), the shelf life after opening and with the cap on will be 90-180 days.
When stored in a dry, clean location at a temperature of 18-27°C (65-80°F), the shelf life when using a pump or pour spout will be 30-60 days. (Product and pump must not be exposed to any moisture.)
The shelf life of unopened Monin syrups will be as stated on each bottle. These estimates apply when it is stored in a dry, clean location at a temperature of 18-27°C (65-80°F):
The following is the shelf life of the Monin products at the time of production:
Monin Syrups in 750 mL glass bottles: 36 months (except Lime, Lemon and Lemon: 24 months)
Monin Syrups in 1 Liter plastic bottles: 18 months (except Pumpkin Spice: 24 months, Lemongrass: 12 months, Desert Pear® : 6 months)
Monin Syrups in 50 mL glass bottles: see bottle
Monin Sugar Free Syrups in 750 mL glass and 1 Liter plastic bottles: 18 months
Monin Organic Syrups in 750 mL glass bottles: 18 months
Monin Gourmet Sauces in 64 oz. bottles: 12 months
Monin Gourmet Sauces in 12 oz. bottles: 18 months
Monin Sweeteners in 750 mL glass bottles: 36 months
Monin Sweeteners in 1 Liter plastic bottles: 18 months
Monin Beverage Concentrates in 750 mL glass bottles: 36 months
Monin Beverage Concentrates in 1 Liter plastic bottles: 18 months (except True Brewed Espresso: 12 months)
Monin Real Fruit Purées in 1 Liter plastic bottles: 18 months
Monin Concentrated Flavors in 375 mL plastic bottles: 18 months
- SHOWHow long are Torani syrups good for?
This highly depends on how the bottles are stored. Many variables, such as temperature, sunlight, and air contact can affect colour, flavour, aroma, and overall quality. Keep this in mind: Torani syrups are made to last a long time even after they’re opened.
The shelf life of Torani regular syrup in glass bottles is three years from the date of manufacture. The shelf life of sugar free products is two years from that date. And, for any Torani Syrups in plastic (PET) bottles, the shelf life is two years.
- SHOWWhat is an 'Italian Soda'?
- An Italian Soda is a soft drink made from carbonated water and a flavoured syrup mixture. Interestingly, the term 'Italian Soda' is American and created by the founders of Torani Syrup, Rinaldo and Ezilda Torre.
A SodaStream® is really an Italian Soda maker for your home. But you don't have to be locked into the limited flavour selections they offer. Check out our selection of Torani or Monin syrups that would make great Italian Sodas at home! We even have some drink recipes on each product page for you to check out!